Meal in a Flash! Amy's Quick and Easy Pizza Muffins
One thing that makes my life more enjoyable is having a repertoire of quick and easy meals that are tasty and maybe even just a little bit healthy... sometimes. I'm kind of figuring out this cooking thing as I go, so if you consider yourself a novice/developing cooker, or even someone who dreads cooking, this is the place for you!
Here's a quick and easy lunch idea:
Amy's Quick and Easy Pizza Muffins
- 6 English Muffins (or 12 English Muffin halves)
- 7 oz. pizza sauce
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese
- Any pizza toppings you like. For this recipe, I used 2 medium-sized tomatoes, slicked, and 12 basil leaves (fresh from my deck!)
- Italian seasoning to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Separate each English muffin and place on a cookie/baking sheet. When the oven is heated, pop the English muffins in the oven for about 5 minutes to toast them.
2. Spoon about a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each muffin. I've found that I use about half of a 14 oz. jar of pizza sauce.
3. Top each muffin with a shredded Italian cheese of your choice. Mozzarella is great. Today I used a shredded five-cheese Italian blend by Kraft. Very tasty! I typically use about half of a 2 cup bag. Use more or less to taste.
4. Pick your own toppings to finish this off, or just leave it! The tomato and basil toppings today were AMAZING! I placed a full basil leaf under each tomato on each pizza. Next time, I might rip up the leaves to spread out the basil love. Yummmm!
5. I also sprinkled on a little blend called "pizza seasoning" from my spice rack. You may choose to do something similar, but it's also good without any seasoning.
6. Place back in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. ENJOY!!
I came up with this little number out of necessity one day (a.k.a. I was lazy), and Jared loved it! He asks for this all the time, which is awesome because it's so easy. I could probably train my cat to do it. I hope you've found this helpful! Give it a try and let me know how it works out for you!